Embassy of Qatar in Mexico City, Mexico is the workplace of consular officers or ambassadors (with diplomatic staff, office staff …) of Qatar, located in the territory of Mexico. This website will provide you all information of Qatari Embassy in Mexico City, Mexico such as address, phone number, fax, email, website, work hours, head of mission.
|Address:||Monte Caucaso #1505, Lomas de Chapultepec
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
Mexico City, 11000
|Phone:||(+52) 55 5540 2960
(+52) 55 5540 2926
|Head of Mission:
||Ahmad Abdulla Ahmad Ali Alkuwari, Ambassador|
Qatar General Information
Qatar has the third largest gas reserves in the world. It is transformed itself from one of the poorest countries in region to the riches (per capita) country in the world. Fuelled by oil and natural gas revenue, Qatar is developing breakneck speed.
The State of Qatar is a peninsula located amid the western coast of the Arabian Gulf. Of the islands affiliated to Qatar, Halul, Shraouh and Al-Asshat are the most important.
Qatar occupies an area of 11,521 square kilometers.
Qatar has a population of about one million and eight hundred thousand (as per 2012 Population census). About 83% of the population lives in Doha and its major suburb Al-Rayyan.
Qatar’s capital city is Doha.
Arabic is the official language of the country, but English is also widely used.
Qatari Riyal (One Riyal = 100 Dirhams), and one US Dollar = QAR 3.65 (as a fixed rate).
Islam is the official religion of the State of Qatar, and the Islamic Law (Sharia) is a major source of legislation in the country.
Qatar has a desert climate with hot summers, warm winters and scarce rainfall.
Doha, Al-Wakrah, Al-Khor, Dukhan, Al-Shamal, Msaieed, Ras Lafan and others.
Qatar Official Holidays
- Eid al-Fitr : (not fixed) – begins 28th of Ramadan and ends 4th of Shawwal
- Eid al-Adha : (not fixed) – 9 – 13 Dhu al-hijjah
- National Day : 18th of December
- National Sports Day: February, the second Tuesday of the month.
Official Working Hours
- Ministries and Government Departments: From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m
- Private Companies and Establishments: From 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays are the official days off in Qatar.
GMT +3 hours.
Rules of Visa Application for Qatar
- The Embassy of Qatar does not offer any express or expedited services. There is no additional fee charged for any application.
- The completed application form (should be clearly printed) should be accompanies by a non-refundable Application processing fee by money order or company cheque. No cash or personal cheques are accepted.
- One payment per application should be followed. Single payment for two or more applications will not be accepted.
- The passport submitted by the applicant should be valied for more than six months than the intended duration of stay in Qatar and should have pages to place a visa.
- A visa is not required before travel to Qatar, if connecting to other flights by transit.
- Every application should be accompanied by two color passport size photographs, original passports, two additional photocopies of first few pages of the passport, a company letter (in case of Business Visa), invitation letter (for tourist visa), if an individual applicant, the reason for entry visa request should be specified.
- All passports must be submitted and picked up between 9.30am and 12.30pm (Monday to Thursday).